Experts forecast that by 2020 IT’s contribution to Ukraine’s GDP will have made up 4.5%, and total of the IT services export will have amounted up to USD 5.1 bln. That is why, IT sphere is one of the main focuses for the NATIONAL INNOVATION PROJECTS specialists.
The strength of Ukrainian IT industry lies in the following:
- Ukraine ranks fourth in the world (after USA, India, and Russia) as regards the number of the certified IT specialists. According to the research ‘Exploring Ukraine IT Outsourcing Industry’, Ukrainian developers enjoy high reliability worldwide
- Ukraine falls into the top 30 countries that are most popular for the IT outsourcing. In 2016, Ukraine ranked 24 in the global list of countries for its Global Services Location Index outsourcing attractiveness drawn up by AT Kearney
- To estimate a country from the point of view of its attractiveness for foreign companies, the consulting firm (AT Kearney) takes into account the financial appeal, business environment, specialists’ qualification, and availability of the workforce
- Ukrainian IT specialists are employed in over 100 scientific and research hubs of the large international companies. Undoubtedly, Ukraine could be proud of its workforce able to advance the Blockchain business potential, automatize complex processes, develop games and visual effects, and create e-Management Systems
Main issues to be handled:
- ‘Brain drain’, that is, immigration of promising individual developers as well as groups of developers
- Lack of regulations in IT industry, namely, as per taxation and protection of the software intellectual property, integration of Blockchain and cryptocurrencies
The NATIONAL INNOVATION PROJECTS experts aim to bring Ukraine’s IT industry into brand new international level by involving joint efforts of the state authorities, business, and public.
- To create comfortable working conditions for the prospective Ukrainian developers to prevent ‘brain drain’
- To optimize the IT industry at the state level by introducing legislative initiatives jointly with the Ministry of the Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine. It goes about the preferential taxation for the IT industry and implementation of the cloud technologies
- To develop new and support the existing research centers and innovation parks to make the progress of IT startups more effective
- To work out an effective protection mechanism for software developments in Ukraine
- To put Ukraine on a map as a leading IT state by increasing the amount of both domestic and international investments
Given state assistance, NATIONAL INNOVATION PROJECTS will help unleash both business and scientific potential of the country and, moreover, craft an outstanding image of Ukraine as a leading state in IT industry.